Even though most people turn to Google to search for information, writing posts with keywords targeting other two major search engines (Yahoo and Bing) may help your blog in ranking high for that specific keyword. This is because, unlike Google where most keywords have a very high competition, in Yahoo and Bing, the competition may be slightly lower. This help you to rank for a keyword that you wouldn't have ranked for in Google.
So, it is important to make sure you write keyword rich articles in consideration of the three major search engines. Bing webmaster introduced a tool called "keyword Research" that acts almost in similar way like Google Adword, Keyword Tool. The only main difference between Bing and Google Keyword Tool is that, with Bing, you cannot be able to find the competition for the keyword your are searching for.
How to Use Bing Keyword Tool
- If you do not have a hotmail account, you will have to sign up for one.
- After signing up, you can use same credentials to login to Bing Webmaster page.
- You will see a list of all blogs/websites that you have already submitted to Bing.
- Click on any of the listed blog
- On your side bar, click on Diagnostic and Tools
- Click on Keyword Research
- Fill in the name of keyword that you want to search or to rank for. For example in this post, I will be searching for SEO Tips
- Select the country (keywords search results to come from that particular country - UK).
- Language (all)
- Fill in the date period (your search results will be within the selected period).
- Click on Yes next to Strict if you want the search results to narrow down you search results by targeting the keyword only but not other phrases with the keywords.
- Click on SEARCH
You will be able to see how many times the keyword of your choice appeared in search engine results and a list of suggestions of other keywords related to your search.
From the above example, you can see the number of times the keyword SEO Tips has appeared in Bing Search Engine in United Kingdom (since this the country that I was targeting).
You can can also see a long list of other suggested keywords. In the above example, SEO London appeared in search engine more times than SEO Tips. So, it would be much better to use SEO London instead of SEO Tips when trying to rank for word SEO in London.
This is all what you need to know about Bing Keyword Research Tool. With your list of keywords, you can now start writing Keyword rich articles targeting Bing and Yahoo search engines.